Sunday, June 3, 2012

USMLE War Journal: 22 Days Until Test Day

Well this last week started off great and by great I mean I had a low-grade fever for three days.  Next time I am going straight to acetaminophen.  NSAIDs just wouldn't keep the temperature down long enough.  It was not really a preference thing - I was just hoping to treat myself with whatever I had laying around the house.  On day three, I gave in and went to go buy some acetaminophen. 

This is exactly the sort of unexpected thing I anticipated when I built in leeway in my schedule.  There were times where I couldn't power through anymore and had to lay down.  It seemed the more I tried to do board studying, the higher my temperature got.  What made it worse was I had terrible sleep those nights.  I got up every two hours it seemed.  Unable to exercise due to illness, I found myself a little depressed from not having some kind of non-academic outlet.  Watching TV is a little too passive for me and sometimes I am not in the mood to read (although I did read a ton of comics while sick).  The past couple days, I started drawing again, mostly superheroes.  I am not a a particularly amazing artist or anythign like that.  My own honest assessment of my own work is that it is a slightly above average amateurish style.  But it did give me something to do.  When I finish my first one I might upload it.  My second one is my own take of a classic medical painting.         

No comments:

Post a Comment