Thursday, November 10, 2011

Great Links for Medical Students

Of late, I have had to supplement my education with some online resources.  Here are three great links I have increased my frequency of use in the past week (just started hematology/oncology and I have a physical skills proficiency exam coming up).

The Internet Pathology Laboratory
Mercer University of School of Medicine, hosted by the University of Utah Eccles Health Sciences Library.
This one comes recommended from First Aid for the USMLE Step 1.  It's a great resource full of great slides of both normal and pathological findings.  Currently I am using it to study anemias.

The Medical Biochemstry Page
themedicalbiochemistrypage.org, LLC
I used this website a lot in my undergraduate education and during my biochemistry course in medical school.  It has updated a lot since then.  It is wonderfully comprehensive and often explains step-by-step the mechanisms behind pathologies in biochemical pathways.

A Practical Guide to Clinical Medicine 
University of California, San Diego
I just found this recently.  If you medical school is like mine, there isn't a whole lot of time spent on teaching what the purpose beyond the manuevers of physical examination and the required textbook is marginally helpful.  This is a great site and I am definitely reviewing with it for my upcoming proficiency exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment